- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education Resources
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- About the author and blog
Monday, March 29, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
- 87 projects.
- 10 further resources.
- 52 applications.
- 94 contributors.
- The benefits of using Web 2.0 applications.
- The challenges of using Web 2.0 applications.
- How the folk who ran these projects handled the issues...
- ... And what they recommend you do if you run them.
- What were the learning outcomes?
Monday, March 22, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Free software downloads and online tools include: AutoCollage, WorldWide Telescope, Photosynth, Songsmith, Photo Story, Office Live Workspace, Windows Live SkyDrive, Bing Search, Bing Maps, Bing Translator. *AutoCollage and Songsmith are available for free to members of the Microsoft Partners in Learning Network. Participation in the Partners in Learning Network requires a free one-time registration. Learn how to take advantage of these free tools in the classroom with the Free Tools teacher guide and resources.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Discovery Education streaming - Links to service overviews, demonstrations, and efficacy research
Discovery Education streaming Getting Started Guide
Discovery Education Classroom Resources - Links to free resources, sponsorships, and competitions
- Lesson Plans
- Siemen’s STEM Academy
- Web 2010
- ReadyZone H1N1 - Continuity of Learning
- Ready Classroom - Emergency Preparedness
- ThinkGreen Classroom
- New Teacher Survival Guide
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators
- Curriculum Center
- Brain Boosters
- Worksheets to Go
- Learning Adventures
- NASA at 50
- Understanding Epilepsy
- Discovering Diabetes
- Parent Corner
- Discovery Student Adventures
- Scotch Science Fair
- Siemen’s Science Day
- Siemen’s We Can Change the World Challenge
- USADA True Sport Award Program
- Fuel Our Future Now - STEM resources, Dash+, and Automotive Xprize
Tutorials and Learning Resources
- Google Tools (Docs, Earth, Maps, Calendar, Reader, etc.)
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital Storytelling with Web 2.0
- Digital Learning Networks
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Project Based Learning (Challenge Based Learning) / Why Teach With Project Based Learning? / EL Project-Based Learning / BIE PBL
- Discovery Education - My Admin
- Discovery Education -My Classrooms
- Discovery Education - The Builders
- Widgets for the DE Builders