Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Twitter in Education

Twitter was one of those things that I didn't have time to try out until last week. I've had an account for months, but didn't have time to do anything with it.

Then I started hearing about how many teachers are on it and how they post ideas, tips, and links. So, I got started and started following a couple of educators whose blogs I read. Next thing you know I have over 30 followers and I start following them. Within a day I had found over 20 great ideas or resources and posted a few for them too. It's been great.

Twitter can be used in class also as a tool and you can find a ton of information about Twitter in the news. It's a great way to build a Personal Learning Network, share ideas, get ideas, and just communicate with other educators.

I found a great article today about Twitter for Trainers. The article talks about how to show teachers how Twitter can be a great resource for them. It goes over how to introduce someone to Twitter and how to get them started.



Unfortunately for some people, like me, Twitter is blocked at my school. However, there is a work around that I found out about from someone I follow on Twitter. If you use iGoogle, you can use the TwitterGadget gadget to access Twitter because it goes through a different site first. It's great to see what other teachers are doing during the day and to be able to share ideas.




If you are new to Twitter and want to find a couple of people to follow, you can start with me. (@daveandcori) Then look at some of the people I follow and next thing you know, you will have a huge PLN.

Some more articles on Twitter in Education:




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...