- Google for Education Resources
- STEM Resources
- Evernote for Education
- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Android for Education
- Discovery Education Resources
- Project Based Learning
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
- Speaking and Consulting Services
Friday, November 19, 2010
The Physics Behind "Unstoppable"
The Physics Behind "Unstoppable" is a great piece I found on Open Culture's website. The article starts with the plot of the movie and a trailer for it and then has a video from Emory physics professor Sidney Perkowitz explaining the physics part of this. Professor Perkowitz has also authored books and articles on physics and science in movies.
Applying science to popular culture, whether movies, music, sports, or the like is a great way to connect with your students, engage them, and show them how what they are learning is important and applies in "real life".
Open Culture is a great site with a lot of resources on education.