Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ge.tt - gett - free service to share files


I just learned about ge.tt this week and was pleasantly surprised. I had been looking for a way to share files with others who don't have a Dropbox account. I tried Let's Crate the other day, but found that it had a limit to the size file you could share. ge.tt doesn't. Just like Let's Crate, ge.tt allows you to share files without an account, but I found that I'd rather spend 1 min and set up a free account and then be able to see how many people are accessing the files I shared with them.

It is very easy to set up an account and then it takes 1 click to set up a sharing point. It opens up a file select window, select the files you want to share, and click open. That's it.

I shared three files today totaling 32MB and it was no problem. I saw someone remark that they posted up to 4GB of files without a problem. There is no mention of a size limit on the site.

You can use this to easily share files with your students, colleagues, and parents. Students could also use it to share files with you.

Easy, free file sharing without file size limits - works for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...