- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education Resources
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- About the author and blog
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
The Road Ahead - resources on electricity generation from Discovery Education
The Road Ahead is a resource from Discovery Education and General Motors Education that explores how electricity is generated and how it will change how we live.
There is a digital magazine that interactively teaches about electricity, energy sources and new ways to power vehicles. There are also a teacher's guide, worksheets, and a classroom poster you can print.
Materials and resources are divided up into two groups: Grades 3-5 and 6-8. There is a link to GM's education site with lessons for grades 9-12.
There is also a link for getting ideas and resources for teaching about the environment.
This is a great resource for science teachers and any teacher that is teaching about electricity, the environment, and more.
The General Motors Education site has a lot of other resources for teachers for all grade levels in a variety of subjects and topics. Check it out too.