Friday, April 8, 2011

Google Squared - search results in organized collection


Google Squared is a very interesting way to search the internet. Google Squared is from Google Labs and was just released. Google describes Google Squared as an experimental search tool that collects facts from the web and presents them in an organized collection similar to a spreadsheet.

The really nice thing about this, is that you can add more columns to get more information from the web about each result. You can also sort and move columns to better organize your results.

I did a search for "Sikorsky" and instead of the typical search results, I got a grid with a list of Sikorsky helicopters, pictures, and data. I then added my own column, "armaments" and Google Squared added any info on that topic onto the square. You can see my square below.




I also like the fact that you can save your square to your Google account. This way, you always have the results available without doing a new search.

This can be used in school to do searches where you can compare and contrast results or easily gather certain data sets about a topic.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...