- Google for Education Resources
- STEM Resources
- Evernote for Education
- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Android for Education
- Discovery Education Resources
- Project Based Learning
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
- Speaking and Consulting Services
Thursday, May 17, 2012
WhatWasThere - historical photos linked to Google Maps - visit the past!
WhatWasThere is an excellent resource for geography, history, and fun. It connects historical photos to Google Maps, letting you see what places looked like in the past. You can tour locations, browse photos and even upload your own historical photos.
This is a great way to explore the world historically, or just take a look at what your hometown looked like in the past. Social Studies, History, and Geography classes could use this as learning activities or projects.
Here is a photo of the Frisbee Pie Company from the early 1900's. Their pie plate throwing contest led to the original Frisbee.