Edmodo is a learning management system. Edmodo is a great resource for teachers, students, and parents, allowing communication, collaboration and sharing. It has forums, messages, files, calendar, and more to create an online presence for your class.
Edmodo Support page with videos, links and much more https://support.edmodo.com/home#entries/26080365-connect--learn
5 Edmodo Activities for the Start of the Year https://blog.edmodo.com/2012/08/16/5-edmodo-activities-for-your-first-day-of-school/
Edmodo Blog - great tips, articles about how to use it in class, case studies of use in actual classrooms and more https://blog.edmodo.com/
10 Tips for Getting Started with Edmodo
Edmodo - My experience using it with my studentshttp://educationaltechnologyguy.blogspot.com/2012/09/edmodo-first-year-using-it-with-my.html
Great Video about Edmodo and how to use it - http://movies.teachercast.net/edmodo-the-worlds-most-perfect-learning-platform-for-students-and-teachers/
What do do at the end of the school year with your Edmodo classes and info https://support.edmodo.com/home#entries/36814834-end-of-year-faq-teachers
Edmodo works with Google Drive http://educationaltechnologyguy.blogspot.com/2012/09/edmodo-first-year-using-it-with-my.html
Students create their own folder for that class and then share it with the teacher (Google Drive).
As a teacher, Edmodo can help you :
- Provide your students with an enriching writing environment where they can compose, collaborate and share their writing projects with peers, teachers and family.
- Encourage real-time discussion and extend learning beyond the classroom through using Edmodo as a backchannel.
- Create a global classroom where you can invite students from other parts of the world to meet your students and develop language skills, communicational skills, skills of initiative, problem solving, self awareness and working collaboratively in teams.
- Maintain a communicational channel with parents and keep them updated on the classroom activities throughout the whole year.
- Create book clubs where students can get to develop their reading and writing skills.
- Create a teacher lounge where teachers from your school can discuss ideas and share content.
- Create a group for your class and use it to communicate upcoming assignments, quizzes, tests, due dates, class events, announcements and many more.
- Create alumni groups where students can keep in touch and stay connected with each other.
This table is created by Med Kharbach for www.educatorstechnology.com. You can share and reuse it the way you like but be courteous enough to credit me as the original source.
Edmodo Apps for Teachers
Edmodo Tips for Teachers
Edmodo Student Resources
Edmodo Professional Development Resources
Edmodo Parent Resources
Edmodo Cheat Sheet