Looking to deploy Chromebooks in your district or school? Here are some tips and resources:
- Read through the Official Chromebook Deployment Guide from Google first. There are also other links from there that are essential
- Check out these resources on using Chromebooks
- Google and Chromebooks Resources for Education
- Resources to get Started With Google Apps and Chromebooks
- Chromebook Help Center from Google
- Google Apps Training Center from Google
- Get on Google+ and join the Chromebooks EDU community. You can find some great tips, resources, ideas and help here.
- Get all stake holders involved early on so they all have a voice and all potential issues and concerns can be addressed.
- Plan ahead before you deploy - here are some tips and things to consider: My Google Webinar on Going Google/Chromebooks includes some things to consider and check, for example your wireless capacity, before deploying Chromebooks.
- Decide which Chromebook you want to use. Consider screen size, battery life, durability, performance and cost.
- If the Chromebooks are going home with students, research cases for them. There are tons. I suggest asking other schools about what they use.
- If they are going in Carts, check out multiple vendors to see which cart fits your needs. We use Ergotron, but LocknCharge and Earthwalk are also very popular.
- Join the GoogleSchools Google Group. This is an email based group and extremely helpful for any school using Chromebooks and/or Google Apps. You have to apply to the group, but as long as you are a school, you should be accepted.
Chromebooks are an excellent educational resource, are easy to use and pretty easy to deploy and manage. There is also a huge community of schools and educators that share tips and resources and help each other.
Contact me if you would like help with deployment, setup or training in Google Apps and/or Chromebooks.