- Google for Education Resources
- STEM Resources
- Evernote for Education
- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Android for Education
- Discovery Education Resources
- Project Based Learning
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
- Speaking and Consulting Services
Monday, May 18, 2015
MolView - free 3D visualization of molecules and compounds
MolView is a free web based tool that allows you to visualize 3D models of molecules and compounds. It's easy to use and fun. It includes databases with compounds, proteins and spectral data, as well as change and manipulate the models. It's based on WebGL and HTML5 and works on pretty much all devices.
Acetaminophen molecular model:
There is a PDF of the manual available for download and it is well written.
This is a great tool for science students, especially in chemistry and biology, to help them visualize and understand molecules, compounds and even DNA components.
More Chemistry Resources
More Biology Resources