Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11



9-11-01 has special meaning for me. I was one of the many paramedics who responded to NYC from Connecticut. It was a life changing event for me in many ways. I experienced, first hand, a major event and tragedy in US history. I have lingering respiratory problems from exposure to the dust. I will never forget the people I worked with, the things I saw, and the entire experience. I am proud to have served victims and rescuers while there.

Share your memories of that day with your classes. My students were only 8 or 9 years old. They don't remember it the way we do. Tell them to remember the fallen heroes of that day, and the heroes who protect us every day. Tell them to say "thank you" to a Police officer, Firefighter, EMT or Paramedic, Soldier, Airman, Marine, or Sailor. Remind them that freedom is not free and that there are heroes in the world.

Here are some links to some great websites you can use:







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...