- Google for Education Resources
- STEM Resources
- Evernote for Education
- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Android for Education
- Discovery Education Resources
- Project Based Learning
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
- Speaking and Consulting Services
Friday, June 8, 2012
Free Virtual Labs to use in science class
Virtual Labs is a collection of 4 virtual labs from South Dakota State University (SDSU) and New Mexico State University (NMSU). The 4 virtual labs are: Testing for Corn Mold, Disposable Lab Equipment, Gram Staining and Using the Microscope.
These labs are a great way to teach high school and college students some basic lab techniques before actually doing the lab. They are also a good substitute if your school does not have the ability to actually do these labs. The labs start with a scenario (why they are doing this) in a realistic setting, and then proceed to teach the lab step-by-step. They are well designed and a great resource.