Google is known for providing constant updates to it's products. In a post on the Google Drive Blog, Google summarizes some of the updates that they did to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms over the last year. It's pretty impressive and made these products much more useful, especially for Google Apps and Chromebooks users.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Work with any file - this was huge - now you can open and edit Office Files in Docs, Sheets and Slides which was great for Chromebook users.
- Editing images directly in Docs, Slides and Drawings - great for people like me who insert images a lot. Now I don't need a separate image editor for basic edits.
- Updated mobile apps to make working with your files easier while on the go
- Tables in Docs and updates features in Slides
- Improved screen reader, text-to-voice and keyboard navigation across all the products.
- Improvements in the backend to make the apps work better and faster.