The Chromebook Inventory Tool is/was an extremely useful tool for G Suite Admins to make managing and updated their Chromebooks easier. However, it will not work after July 16th due to changes to Google's Sheets API.
I just learned about a free alternative, Chromebook Getter, that was developed for the education community as a replacement.
It performs the same basic operations as the CIT:
- Extract Chromebook device info from Admin Console to Google Sheets (only for super admins and Chromebooks that are managed).
- Modify data and sync back into Admin Console.
- Search device info easier and faster.
- Export your entire inventory, or just an OU of Chrome devices into a Google Sheet, including all of the following metadata: etag, Org Unit Path, Serial Number, Platform Version, Device Id, Status, Last Enrollment Time, Firmware Version, Last Sync, OS Version, Boot Mode, Annotated Location', Notes, and Annotated User
- Device export options include the ability to filter by enrollment date (Past hour, Past day, Past week, or Between specific dates).
- Make edits to "Annotated Location","Notes", and "Annotated User" and bulk update the devices in your Chrome console directly from this spreadsheet.
It is an Add-On for Google Sheets, easy to install and use.
Take a look and try out Chromebook Getter.
More Google for Education Resources, tips, and information