Google has been announcing a lot of things to support educators, students and families with remote learning. The newest is a Distance Learning specific resource and course for Educators.
The course goes through a variety of topics and how to utilize G Suite for Education tools in each area.
Instructional Design, communications, SEL and more are all covered, with specific examples of how to implement this in your classroom.
Easy to understand and apply. Check it out here: https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/path/27925-distance-learning-for-educators
And here are some more remote learning resources from Google:
Resources, tips and more for remote and e-learning (teaching online)
General Google for EDU
- With school closures, teachers can keep their lessons going remotely
- Explore distance learning resources for schools affected by COVID-19
- Teach from Home - A temporary hub of information and tools to help teachers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis
- Preparing students to learn from home with Chromebooks
- Prepare Chromebooks for e-learning days at home
- Even without internet at home, students can keep learning
- Tips for Enabling Distance Learning through G Suite & Chrome and PDF
- Work from anywhere while staying productive with these tips from #gsuite's YouTube playlist
- Google for Edu Teaching Resources
- Jamboard - free app for whiteboarding and collaboration
- Technology Partner Resources for Distance Learning
- Tips to Use Google Applied Digital Skills for Remote Learning
- Start #RemoteLearning with #GoogleClassroom
- New Meet features to improve distance learning EXTENDING Premium features until end of Sept.
- We’re rolling out 4 top-requested Google Meet features
- Start a video meeting for education
- Google for Edu - Enterprise Level Hangouts Meet
- Hangouts Meet advanced features available to all existing G Suite customers through July 1, 2020 - Larger meetings, for up to 250 participants per call, Live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers, the ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive.
- Set up Meet for distance learning
- Video Series: How to Use Google Hangouts Meet
- Some great add-ons for Hangouts Meet to help teachers