Monday, October 24, 2011

What I was going to present at CECA conference today



I was originally scheduled to present at the CECA conference today in Hartford, CT, but was unable to get release time from my school.

The first session I was going to do was "Innovative Free Technologies for Teachers." I was going to share tech like Evernote, Google's many apps, and more and show teachers how they can use them to engage their students, enrich their lessons, and even get organized and improve communication. Many of the items I was going to talk about were from the following lists:

Android Smartphone Apps I use as an educator

25 Free Resources from Discovery Education

Google Apps for Educators

Technology my Students Use in Class

and

Technology I Use on a Daily Basis

I was going to introduce about 10 different resources and include discussion time for the participants to share the ones they use and how they use them in school. I did a similar one at CECA last year and it was a great session with great audience participation.

The other session is still going on because I was co-presenting with Tracey Mercier on Twitter in Education. I sent her some of what I was going to do with her in the presentation and I'm hoping the session goes well for her.

Here are some of the things I was going to share:

Twitter for Education - a great resource for educators

Educational Twitter HashTags

TweetDeck - great way to use Twitter



Hopefully, I'll be able to attend and present at next year's CECA conference.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...