Thursday, September 13, 2012

Google Drive comes in handy during Power Outage



Google Drive is Google's online file storage system and the way you access your Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentations.

One of the really great features it brought was syncing of your docs and files onto your computer for offline access. This came in really handy for me last night.

I came home to find that our condo building had no power due to an underground power line failure. I had a few things I still needed to work on and there was no WiFi. I could have used my smartphone as a hotspot, but I wanted to save my phone battery for an emergency. My Chromebook, with built in 3G, was at school. Luckily, I have Google Drive on my laptop at home and was able to access all of my Google Docs offline. Once the power came back on, the changes I made synced with my Google Drive account and were available to me later.

Thanks Google Drive!


Access everywhere




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...