Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Evernote Updates Web app - great improvements



Evernote, the "remember everything" app has made updates to their web app.

Evernote allows you to take and share notes, clip web pages or parts of web pages, upload files, upload photos and search text in photos, and much more. I'm a huge fan and user of Evernote.

There are downloads for Windows and Mac, and apps for iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), Android, webOS, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. You can also access your account and data through the web portal. This week Evernote updated the web portal to more closely match the functions of the desktop versions and the updates make it more efficient and powerful.



I use the desktop version at home because it backs up my data to my hard drive. I can also export all of my data as a backup. I use the web app every where else so that my data isn't actually on a computer.

Below is a screen shot of my account on the new Evernote web interface. It is my lesson schedule page. You can see the different weeks as individual notes on the left, the different notebooks to the far left, and the individual note content on the right. This ability to see the note contents like this is new for the web app. They have also changed the "share" note function to make it easier to use and you can share a note via Facebook, email, or link.


Evernote is an excellent resource for students and teachers and the new updates to the web app make it even better. If you don't use Evernote yet, I highly recommend it as a great organizational tool. Evernote has a great getting started guide to help you out.

It is free after all.


Related Articles


Evernote - get organized - free and on all platforms (includes ideas for teachers)


Evernote - some great ideas for using it in education

Evernote - free online notes and more

Unfettered by stuff - or why I don't lug stuff home every night 

Top 10 Free Web Resources for Educators 

Evernote Trunk - Hardware, apps and notebooks that make Evernote awesome

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...