Google just announced some great new features for Google Apps that make it even more useful and powerful. Schools, like ours, that use Google Apps for Education will be very pleased with these updates and new features.
Google Apps Admins can now restore a user's Google Drive files from the past 25 days. This is great for one someone deletes a file by mistake. https://support.google.com/a/answer/6052340
Google Drive: huge changes here.
- Document and image viewing is improved
- there are now dedicated desktop home pages for Docs, Sheets and Slides for easier access
- you can now edit (and save as) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in Docs, Sheets and Slides on both Chrome and Chrome OS (Chromebooks). This is really great for schools that still have Office files they need to access (like us). https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6049100
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides mobile apps for Android and iOS now include Word, Excel and PowerPoint editing.
- Google Drive app is now more powerful, faster, and redesigned.
These are some great features that make Google Apps even more powerful, useful, and easy to use.
For more info:
http://whatsnew.googleapps.com/ (click on Wednesday, June 25th)